Monday, October 20, 2008

Stawberry Fields Forever


When doing this project, I didn't really know what I wanted to do and it took me a while to decide. I decided to do a collage/tribute to John Lennon, a legend. In doing my project I played around a lot with the blending and eraser tool so it all went well together. I am a huge Beatle fan so this piece was a lot of fun. First I used the sun to represent "Here comes the sun." I wanted the background to be sepia color and the objects to be in color. I took "strawberry fields" and made it part of John Lennon's body. That part was the most difficult because I had to put the opacity down most of the way and outline his body so strawberrys were only on his body, and then I made the opacity higher so it took like the stawberrys were included in his body image. I used the memorial in Central Park to illustrate the rememberance of such an amazing hero.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

the opacity's of the fruit really stand out, love it

Anonymous said...

i really like this. i like that it has an antique feel with just a bit of color added in the center.

Frank said...

I really like the strong lines breaking this up into thirds. I would have made the sun in the top left line up with the frame, having that little band of the background up in the corner is pretty distracting. I do like the way the color of the sun plays with the color in the strawberries though. The image in the bottom left is very nice. You made a great choice on the background image, it's the perfect canvas for this whole thing.

Flo said...

I like how you managed to retain the vintage feel that came from the old photos. I also like how there aren't too many colors, the whole thing is toned down.

Katie said...

I like how crisp all of the images included in this are. The sun with so much saturation left in it is slightly distracting, but not too an excessive degree. I really like how you put the strawberries on only his body like that; that was really creative.

Stonefox said...

This is a wonderful picture. The feel of it is pleasent and while a few of the pictures are not as well blended as others this works for the collage theme. The strawberries came out wonderfully. I do love that you made a tribute to your hero. I look forward to your future peices

Sophia said...

My favorite part is john masked in strawberries. I think the photo choices are perfect and create a fine tribute.

Anonymous said...

This is very cool and I really like it. The entire thing is "very weird", but that's what I find most appealing. The stawberrys were a nice affect.

Anonymous said...

Really like this collage with the exception of Yoko :P

dprime said...

I just watched the U.S vs. John Lennon yesterday. The guy's hilarious, and you did a great job framing is unsurpassed celebrity. Crazy friggin story too. I am sure all of this is going into GOVERNMENT computer somewhere, but oh well, IMAGINE PEACE

kyle fisher said...

I am really glad you used the cover of the rolling stones for this picture.

Bethany said...

nice erin. i think this is one of your strongest pieces. great choice of background; the word "imagine" and the circle in the center create a nice overall mood and composition. the method in which you have cut everything out is not perfect and sketchy, which really works. i personally like the strawberries, aesthetically and in their symbolism, and the monotone with just a splash of color here in there are nice.