Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Electronica Tribute



The inspiration for this piece came from the music that constantly beats in my head. This collage is composed of numerous images that relate to some of my favorite electronica artists. They are: M.I.A., Justice, and Chromeo.


The burning man scuplture has an almost omnious shape and I would venture to say that M.I.A. is definitely one of the "heads" of this genre. The background synthizer is an early model Yamaha that most definitely helped shape electronic music. Although the cross gives you religious undertones, it actually is based off of Justice's concept album, Cross.


The robotic ambience of the piece represents the sound of these artists while the globes represent the beats. Plus, I just liked the way they all came together. My aim was to incorporate many different elements into this collage but I really liked the way these initally appeared and decided not to mess with them too much.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really dig the colors, and contrasts

Frank said...

I really love this one. It's put together very well, all the pieces fit together and nothing looks out of place. You did a good job with the glows to not make them look like a simple photoshop effect. The colors are fantastic as well.
If you were to revise this one I would suggest using some layer masking around the head to make that part flow a little bit more.

Flo said...

The whole piece is consistent; everything is blended well. I like the concept.

Erin said...

i really like how you did this one, even though it is a little scary. you did a really nice job with the coloring and layering so i applaud you for that!

Sophia said...

both the subtle and obvious patterns and textures help to build up a strong representation of music with all its various components. groovy

Anonymous said...

i like the concept. nice clean piece.

Anonymous said...

This is really neat. I'd like to see more from you in this style. Feels very "German" in terms of it's style. It's neat.

Katie said...

I think you did well representing the artists in this piece. The colors are amazing, and the set-up really makes this picture look well-put-together. Good job!

dprime said...

Send it to the burners, I am sure they would make stickers and flags!

kyle fisher said...

it looks like you put allot of work into this. i really like how the cross is erupting out of the chest pice. Everything from the rays of light to the image you used for the person is amazing. it all goes together very well

Bethany said...

very nice marcos. your personal style is becoming very recognizable and really works. simple, clean piece; great colors, nice blending, love the glow...