Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This Is Your Vice




As a resident of the Old North End of Burlington, I am faced with the vices of others on a daily basis. From finding used hypodermic needles in my yard to the news of murder and rape on my street, I am in constant awe and terror of the behaviors of my neighbors. I titled my three pieces "This Is Your Vice" after the addictions that these items represent; drugs, sex, gambling, and violence.
The three pieces represent the cycle that the vices might take. The first one represents the vices in a package, the second represents the usage, and the third represents the remains or waste from the vices.
I scanned the items, touched them up, and rearranged them using Photoshop.
I in no way condone or advocate these items or behaviors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to add that the faux cocaine(Splenda sugar substitute) was provided by the Lovin Cup coffee shop in Johnson.