Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Bringing light to simple objects




When receiving this assignment, I had no idea what items I was going to scan. I went in my apartment and found the simplest items I could find, to see if i could put beauty into its simplicity. I tried to brighten the shells and tweak the color a little bit to bring life to the object. The matches on the other hand I had trouble trying to make them different then it was originally. I cloned the only match left and cloned it many times so it doubled and made it look like a full box of matches. I tried to connect Buddha with the matches, by attaching a copied pipe to Buddha's mouth. However, when done scanning I realized that Buddha, the matches, and the shells I didn't really have a complete theme, but I was able to learn techniques that will be useful later on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the shells. They're simple but clean and have interesting texture and colors.