Monday, September 15, 2008





These are my scanography pieces. 'Bottled' is cropped from a larger image. Though simple shapes and color are used to create a fractured whole, I think that in its simplicity it does fine and dandy standing alone. 'Latch' and 'Bean' were completed on the second day of scanning. As I became better acquainted with the concept behind the assignment, I began to select what attracted me most on a walk through grass and road. I had the idea to look for similarities in nature from different places on the land (i.e. underground-roots, surface-clovers, air-leaves) to create a unified image of nature. I really enjoy the two differing color schemes and believe that both have a sense of circulation within themselves. The end.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Nice work! I like your scans!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your "green bottle" piece. The temptation to print it out and frame it is overwhelming.