Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Goggle Glam

I played with numerous effects but really liked the reflection effect results the best. I decided to stick to the snowboard goggle theme and took it in various directions. This was one of my first ideas: to have a background that did not quite match the reflection of the goggle. The background is off a subway platform in New York and the reflection is of Mount Mansfield.


I originally created numerous photos of myself and others with their goggle lenses replaced with different and even comical imagery. I then decided that I really liked the image of the goggle lense by itself and the next photos stem from that.
For this one, I used numerous photo filters to replicate the relfective tints of snowboarding goggles. I took assorted photos of myself snowboarding and used the Spherize filter and the gradient tool in an attemopt to duplicate a relaistic goggle reflection. I then took another image of myself, added it to the background, and healvily pixelated it using the Color Halftone filter.

This next image is along the same lines but the background was heavily altered to the point where it almost resembles a metallic landscape.

and then I added color and then Halftoned the background:

No comments: